Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life In Bullets

  • There's a lot of catching up to do so I'll have to trickle some catch-up posts over the next few weeks.
  • There's been a lot of life happening lately, so much so that I haven't really had a chance to write about it.
  • The biggest thing is that the adoption I blogged about last Christmas is becoming a reality. 
  • Heather and Gardner went to Uganda 3 weeks ago today and cleared courts for their new little girl.
  • She's adorable and we hope to meet her in a week or 2 if they can get the VISA. More updates to come on this.
  • While Heather and Gardner were in Uganda (Gardner is home now) Ashley and I kept their 2 year old daughter, Livy. It was a lot of fun, double the desire to get home from work in the afternoon, but it was also a lot of work. We started the same day after hearing a sermon on dying to self. I felt like I really got to put it into practice.
  • We've had weddings and High School Reunions and various other events which will have to be discussed further.
  • Kessler, meanwhile, has become a busy body. He's all over the place; crawling, pulling up, pushing toys while walking, climbing stairs (!), imitating us, communicating more, stomping with his hands, opening drawers, falling a lot, bruising and cutting his previously flawless little face, et cetera, et cetera.
  • Ashley has been Supermom 2x while making sure Kessler is cared for and serving as a wonderful "Sissy" while taking care of Livy for a little over 2 weeks. 
  • I've started writing for a Chargers' site. And the Chargers are now 2-4. I hate being a fan of anything, but I keep going back to it. More on this later.
  • My work has been busy and I have some more responsibility now. It's good, but has made managing everything a bit more of a challenge. 
  • It's 10:43pm and I'm really sleepy, which almost never happens. 
  • Expect some more updates prominently featuring pictures of the little guy, stories about the adoption, and Bowels Of My Brain over the next couple weeks. 
  • Don't do drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment